Adult Day Care is day-time care for dependent older adults who need supervision outside the home. Care is provided in a safe and structured setting by licensed professionals. VPAS has an established contractual relationship with Generations Crossing to provide Adult Day Care services. This service is available for Harrisonburg and Rockingham County residents.
Who may receive Adult Day Care?
Older adults who:
- Are 60 years and older
- Have a primary caregiver with self-reported caregiving related stress
- Require supervised care in a structured setting
Adult Day Care enables caregivers to:
- Have a break from caregiving responsibilites
- Retain a job outside of their home
- Delay placement in assisted living or nursing care
What does Adult Day Care provide?
It monitors medications and health monitoring by licensed professionals, provides socialization and recreational activities, and nutritious hot noon meals and two snacks.
How much does Adult Day Care cost?
Valley Program for Aging Services subsidizes a portion of the cost. The per day cost is based on a sliding fee scale.
An in-home assessment is required and eligibility criteria must be met.