Social Security Announces 8.7 Percent Benefit Increase for 2023
Social Security and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits for approximately 70 million Americans will increase 8.7 percent in 2023, the Social Security Administration has announced. On average, Social Security benefits will increase by more than $140 per month starting in January.
VPAS is now offering in-person exercise classes, VPAS Cafes and other in-person programming.
Effective April 1, 2022:
· Masks will be optional for all VPAS staff, clients, Cafe members and visitors, provided individuals maintain 6 feet of distance from others.
· For Transportation and Senior Transportation services, masks for drivers and passengers are no longer required, but maintaining 6 feet of distance is optimal.
· For Cafes, meals may be served and consumed at the Cafe.
· Proof of full COVID vaccination is no longer required.
· Sign-in and COVID screening questions at each facility for staff, clients, volunteers and visitors is required.
· Temperature screenings are no longer required.
We are so happy to be able to relax most of our mitigation policies due to low transmission rates in our communities. Please be aware that should transmission increase, these policies can and will be amended to safeguard the health and safety of clients, volunteers, staff and the community at large. Requirements may vary by region based on community transmission rates.
How do I get more information about the latest vaccine guidelines?
NEW VATS Resource Guide Now Available
Virginia Assistive Technology System (VATS) is a program designed to ensure that Virginians are aware of and able to access assistive technologies and information they may need to participate in society. VATS has specifically highlighted these products to help older adults live independently and with greater function in their daily lives.
To access the resource guide, click here.