Maury River Senior Center Van Driver, Scott Frasier. Scott looks forward to helping seniors get to the new VPAS Cafe in Lexington and assisting them to medical appointments through the new Rockbridge Senior Transportation Program.
Transportation is an issue for older adults who can no longer drive but still need to get to appointments and other life necessary destinations. In limited areas VPAS can provide transportation to medical appointments, grocery store, pharmacy, and bank when no other transportation options are available.
Services Include: (some restrictions may apply)
- Transportation for grocery shopping, doctor appointments, banking and other life essential destinations.
- Transportation to non-emergency medical appointments
What are my transportation options in Harrisonburg and Rockingham County?
What Our Riders Say About The Senior Transportation & TED Programs...
"I decided to quit driving because I was no longer comfortable behind the wheel. Having access to VPAS' transportation program gave me another option when family or friends couldn't give me a ride." Jane
"Getting to the grocery store is a challenge now that I no longer drive. I'm glad to have this community resource available." Mike
Senior Transportation funding generously provided by:
- Community Action Partnership of Staunton, Augusta, Waynesboro
- Highland Youth Philanthropy Council
- National Lutheran Community Services Foundation
- RMH Foundation
- Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation
Contact your local Senior Transportation office here: